Following on from the recent Police Connect reports here are a few pointers which you might find useful.
- A vehicle which tailgates you through the barrier may not be a berth holder or contractor.
- People who appear to be wondering around the pontoons with no apparent intentions.
- Anyone showing an interest in a particular boat which is not up for sail.
- People who try to tailgate you when entering a locked marina berth.
- Keep a look out for other members boats when you are at the marina.
- Anyone who is not the owner clambering over the guard rail especially in the dark.
- Someone carrying valuable looking things at night.
- Anyone who appears to be just hanging around may not be innocent.
- Often criminals are very audacious and do things in a very decisive way.
- If you think something is wrong call the tower by phone not radio.
- If you think a crime is being committed cal the police right away on 999.
- It is probably not a good idea to challenge someone if you are alone.
- If a criminals think they are being watched they quite often stop and disappear but not always!
- Do not think that you will be wasting Police time by calling them.
Any other hints welcome – you might help save someone a load of grief!